Future events and exhibits 2019
- New exhibit: “Stitching Memories—Piece by Piece” opens February 1
- Sunday, March 24, 2:00, Winfield Public Library—William Allen White and the KKK in Kansas: “A Real American Goes Hunting” presented by Beverley Olson Buller sponsored by Kansas Humanities CCHSM and Winfield Public Library presentation
- Saturday, May 4, 4:30-7:30, Barn 6 Cowley County Fairgrounds—"Head ‘Em Up and Move ‘Em Out” Experience the authentic Old West with a chuckwagon, “Old West” activities for all ages, BBQ dinner and a program presented by Jim Gray and Jeff Davidson taking you back to the cattle drives of Kansas. Family event: 4:30-5:30 Authentic chuckwagon with food prep/stories/songs, live music, “Old West” activities for all ages; 5:30 BBQ catered dinner followed by program presented by Jim Gray (Humanities of Kansas) and Jeff Davidson, “cowboy music and poetry”. Tickets: $20 adults, $12 children 10 & under. (includes dinner and all activities and program). Tickets available after March 25 at Graves in Winfield, and CCHSM. Contact email@example.com or 620-221-4811 for more information.
- Sunday, June 23, 3:00, The Barns at Timber Creek— “Quilt Turning” event, quilt show and tea. Enjoy an elegant tea and “Quilt Turning” program. This will be a wonderful way to share in the history of Cowley County as amazing “behind the scenes” stories are shared by folks portraying the creators of the quilts. As each story is shared another quilt will appear on the “historic bed” and a new story will be shared. The quilt show will feature beautiful quilts from Cowley County. Tickets: $10. Tickets available after May 20 at Graves in Winfield, and CCHSM. (contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 620-221-4811 for more information)
- Sunday, August 24, 2:00, CCHSM— “Etzanoa” presented by Don Blakeslee
- Oct— “Voices from the Past” –walking tour Watch for date and details coming soon