Future events and exhibits
- Museum Project - Continuing maintenance needs for the museum
- Brick Fundraiser - Please help us with this moneymaking project – the sale of commemorative bricks will help with the continuing maintenance needs for the museum. Call for more information and order form.
- September 23—CCHSM membership drive begins. Renewals and new memberships. Membership information can be found on the museum website, cchsm.com or call CCHSM: 620-221-4841
- September 23-October 3--“History Alive”—1 ½ hour “hands on learning activities” for 3rd grade students in the county. (9-10:30; 1-2:30) September 23-27—Winfield schools; September 30-October 3—Burden, Dexter, Oxford, Udall, and Arkansas City schools.
Call 620-222-2908 for additional information and/or to schedule students.
- Sunday, Oct 13, 2:00, CCHS--Annual fall gathering. All members are encouraged to attend this annual fall gathering. Program: Music and “Celebrate 150”—An interesting presentation is planned as a kickoff for celebrating the 1870 founding of Cowley County, Winfield, Arkansas City, and other area towns. FREE (A short business meeting will begin at 2:00 followed by the program.)
- Sunday, October 20, Union Cemetery—“Voices from the Past” present the annual cemetery walk with costumed re-enactors telling the stories of interesting Winfield residents. Purchase your ticket for 3 or 3:30, 4:00 or 4:30. Tickets: $10 each. Ticket sales begin Sept 16 at Winfield Graves Drug or CCHSM. Credit cards and cash accepted. Credit card purchase of tickets may be made on-line at cchsm.com or at the museum.
- Monday, November 18, 4:30, CCHSM meeting room—Museum Friends
- Monday, December 16, 4:30, CCHSM meeting room—Museum Friends
- Saturday, January 25, 9:00-12:00, Baden Square—"Celebrate Cowley County History”. FREE
- New exhibit: “Stitching Memories—Piece by Piece” opens February 1